Two police constables who were on night patrol duty in Ghorpadi were brutally attacked by four persons when they asked the latter not to consume liquor in the open late on Saturday night. The condition of one of the constables is said to be critical.
The incident took place when beat marshal constables Padmakar Shelar and Sahebrao Kodag were on a patrolling round in Ghorpadi in the jurisdiction of Mundhwa police station. At 11.45 pm, they received a call from the police station about some people consuming liquor on the footpath and creating ruckus.
Some of the local residents had called the police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When Shelar and Kodag reached the footpath near the vegetable market in Ghorpadi, they saw the four men and told them to leave the place. The two constables then left but came back in a few minutes after taking a round of the area. They found the four still at the same spot, said the police.
“When they asked the four once again to leave the place, two of them took out knives and attacked Shelar and Kodag from behind. They stabbed Kodag on the head and ear and also attacked Shelar on hands and leg. The four then fled the spot,” said Senior Inspector J S Pathan of Mundhwa police station.
Kodag was carrying a gun but could not retaliate as the attack was from behind. The police have arrested one of the four suspects, Rajesh Nayak (25) of Ghorpadi, whose birthday they were celebrating.
The other three are Mohan Pawar, Nayan Patole and Paul Wilson. Police suspect Nayan and Paul to have attacked Shelar and Kodag.
Pathan added: “Kodag is being treated in the intensive care unit and is said to be critical but stable. Shelar is out of danger and is being treated. We have launched a search for the three suspects.”
The four have been booked on charges of attempt to murder among others.