Two police constables who were on night patrol duty in Ghorpadi were brutally attacked by four persons when they asked the latter not to consume liquor in the open late on Saturday night. The condition of one of the constables is said to be critical.
The incident took place when beat marshal constables Padmakar Shelar and Sahebrao Kodag were on a patrolling round in Ghorpadi in the jurisdiction of Mundhwa police station. At 11.45 pm, they received a call from the police station about some people consuming liquor on the footpath and creating ruckus.
Some of the local residents had called the police.
When Shelar and Kodag reached the footpath near the vegetable market in Ghorpadi, they saw the four men and told them to leave the place. The two constables then left but came back in a few minutes after taking a round of the area. They found the four still at the same spot, said the police.
“When they asked the four once again to leave the place, two of them took out knives and attacked Shelar and Kodag from behind. They stabbed Kodag on the head and ear and also attacked Shelar on hands and leg. The four then fled the spot,” said Senior Inspector J S Pathan of Mundhwa police station.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kodag was carrying a gun but could not retaliate as the attack was from behind. The police have arrested one of the four suspects, Rajesh Nayak (25) of Ghorpadi, whose birthday they were celebrating.
The other three are Mohan Pawar, Nayan Patole and Paul Wilson. Police suspect Nayan and Paul to have attacked Shelar and Kodag.
Pathan added: “Kodag is being treated in the intensive care unit and is said to be critical but stable. Shelar is out of danger and is being treated. We have launched a search for the three suspects.”
The four have been booked on charges of attempt to murder among others.