It seems that despite the arrest of four suspects, the murder of UoP security supervisor remains unsolved. During the annual press conference on Wednesday, Pune police commissioner Gulabrao Pol admitted they haven’t yet got anything in the case.
Also, when Additional Commissioner of Police (crime) Shahji Solunkhe read out the ‘important’ detections of 2013, he did not make any mention of two sensational cases in which cops had made arrests — the UoP murder and the killing of anti-superstition activist Dr Narendra Dabholkar.
When asked about it, Pol said, “We have got nothing in UoP security guard’s murder.” He added that his team is working hard to nab the masterminds in the Dabholkar case.
Security supervisor Prahlad Jogdandkar (57) was shot by an unidentified person on the night of May 3, 2012, on UoP premises. Investigation had revealed that the murderer shot at Jogdandkar after he was caught with a woman in an isolated area on the campus.
On November 28, 2013, the police arrested notorious firearms dealer Manish Ramvilas Nagori alias Manya alias Rajubhai (24), Rahul Sakharam Mali (22), Vilasram Avtar Khandelwal (22) and Santosh alias Sunny Ananta Bagade (22) in the case.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In court, while seeking police custody of the suspects, cops had said that investigation had revealed their links with the murder of Jogdandkar. They said they have launched a search for Heena alias Ayesha Pathan, a friend of Nagori, in connection with the murder.
In May 2012, police had announced a reward of Rs 25,000 for the person giving crucial information about the murderers of Jogdandkar. This prize money was never given even after the suspects were arrested.
These suspects were also arrested for the murder of an unidentified person in Hinjewadi. Their lawyer argued in court that cops are probing them for Dabholkar’s murder. On January 20, 2014, cops arrested Nagori and Khandelwal for the activist’s murder.
Meanwhile, replying to questions about other serious unsolved crimes, Pol said, “It is a fact that as our teams focused more on Dabholkar murder, less attention was paid to other cases.”