Sriram Heights in Rambaug Colony, Kothrud, earned the dubious distinction of not having the name of a single member on the electoral rolls. The society has 88 flats.
Entrepreneur Neeraj Shrivastav of Baner has been settled in the city for about six years. He had registered his name, along with his wife’s, for inclusion in the voter list. But Shrivastav had to return home from the booth without casting his vote. While his wife’s name was there on the voter list, his wasn’t. “I looked at the electoral roll with the polling officials, besides others. I had registered my name two months ago. This is the first time I stepped out to vote, but could not. We need better systems in place to ensure that everyone is able to vote,” said Shrivastav. An attempt to locate his name on the Election Commission website proved futile.
Hormaz Ghati, a resident of Panchavati, Pashan, and owner of a workshop, was surprised to the names of some of his deceased family members on the voter list but not his. The website too said: “Your name is not in the voter list.” Ghati has voted in the past.
Anil Jadhav, 63, of Aundh to went to the polling booth only to come back without exercise his right to vote. “I was first told that I am supposed to go to another polling station. The official gave me a slip with the polling booth as well as room number of the voting station. I went there to realise that the room with that number did not exist. I returned home and attempted to locate my name on the EC website, which remained down for hours. I gave up and did not vote. this is the first time I did not vote,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest