With an improvement in water storage in dams that are sources of water for the city, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has decided to withdraw alternate day water supply and start supply once every day.
“The civic body was forced to introduce 12 per cent water cut with supply once a day from June 28 due to delay in rainfall. The PMC increased water cut from July 14. However, rain last week improved dam storage and the civic body decided to supply water once a day by cancelling its earlier decision of providing it on alternate days,” said mayor Chanchala Kodre.
A meeting of leaders of political parties was held in the civic headquarters and the issue was discussed with civic officers. “The dams supplying water to the city saw an increase in storage to 9.87 TMC from 1.7 TMC on July 14. We hope it would increase further,” she said.
The PMC would review the water situation after 10 days and take required steps, Kodre said adding that restrictions on use of water would continue. The decision to close swimming pools, washing centres and stop construction activities would continue. Residents found using water for washing vehicles would be penalised and water will not be provided to private tankers.
The PMC was lifting 840 MLD water everyday from the dam to supply water on alternate days and now it will lift 1,100 MLD every day. Recently, the elected representatives had taken on the civic administration over the inconvenience to citizens due to the water cut.
They had alleged that the PMC system was not providing equitable water to citizens and had demanded that supply should be every day even if the quantity is less.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet