Prompt action by alert petrol pump staff prevented a major disaster on Saturday evening when petrol filling machines at Bharat petrol pump opposite regional transport office (RTO) near Sangam bridge in Shivajinagar caught fire.
Short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire. According to fire brigade personnel,machines 9 and 10 caught fire around 6.45 pm. The petrol pump staff called the fire brigade and apparently switched off electric supply and sprayed fire dry chemical to extinguish the flames.
By the time the fire brigade team arrived,the staff had extinguished the fire. Station fire officer Vijay Bhillare lauded the petrol pump staff for their prompt action.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The staff at the petrol pump were trained and alert. Taking swift action they cut off the electric supply,thus preventing a major mishap, Bhillare said.
The fire brigade team,on their arrival at the petrol pump,conducted a proper check-up and left after confirming that the situation was normal.