Prompt action by alert petrol pump staff prevented a major disaster on Saturday evening when petrol filling machines at Bharat petrol pump opposite regional transport office (RTO) near Sangam bridge in Shivajinagar caught fire.
Short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire. According to fire brigade personnel,machines 9 and 10 caught fire around 6.45 pm. The petrol pump staff called the fire brigade and apparently switched off electric supply and sprayed fire dry chemical to extinguish the flames.
By the time the fire brigade team arrived,the staff had extinguished the fire. Station fire officer Vijay Bhillare lauded the petrol pump staff for their prompt action.
The staff at the petrol pump were trained and alert. Taking swift action they cut off the electric supply,thus preventing a major mishap, Bhillare said.
The fire brigade team,on their arrival at the petrol pump,conducted a proper check-up and left after confirming that the situation was normal.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016