Staying away from the election campaign of Pune Congress candidate Vishwajeet Kadam after being denied ticket, Congress legislator Vinayak Nimhan on Wednesday participated in a Congress-NCP rally after Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan personally urged him to work for the official party candidate.
Nimhan had staked claim to contest from the Pune seat on a party ticket and had undertaken several programmes to catch the attention of the party high command. However, local leaders had opposed his claim citing that he was earlier in the Shiv Sena and there were other loyal Congress leaders in the city.
After the party shortlisted Kadam, upset Nimhan stayed away from all the party functions. This raised concern in the Congress as MNS, AAP and BJP have been posing a tough challenge to the party.
Supporters of Nimhan had told Chavan that injustice was done to their leader. “The party should at least include him in the state cabinet,” they said.
Chavan said Nimhan is an efficient leader and has been working hard for the development in the city. “His issues will be addressed,” he assured. Earlier, sitting Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi also extended support to Kadam after he and his wife were denied tickets.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More