Staying away from the election campaign of Pune Congress candidate Vishwajeet Kadam after being denied ticket, Congress legislator Vinayak Nimhan on Wednesday participated in a Congress-NCP rally after Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan personally urged him to work for the official party candidate.
Nimhan had staked claim to contest from the Pune seat on a party ticket and had undertaken several programmes to catch the attention of the party high command. However, local leaders had opposed his claim citing that he was earlier in the Shiv Sena and there were other loyal Congress leaders in the city.
After the party shortlisted Kadam, upset Nimhan stayed away from all the party functions. This raised concern in the Congress as MNS, AAP and BJP have been posing a tough challenge to the party.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Supporters of Nimhan had told Chavan that injustice was done to their leader. “The party should at least include him in the state cabinet,” they said.
Chavan said Nimhan is an efficient leader and has been working hard for the development in the city. “His issues will be addressed,” he assured. Earlier, sitting Congress MP Suresh Kalmadi also extended support to Kadam after he and his wife were denied tickets.