After the Shindewadi mishap,where a woman and her daughter were reportedly swept away by rainwater gushing down the hills in Katraj area,the district administration has planned several steps to restrict encroachments along the roads and hill tops around the city. With new officers taking charge,the officials have been directed to stop illegal constructions on hill tops and slopes,and issue notices to offenders.
The administration has also been asked to coordinate with the police to expedite inquiries in cases related to fake land dealings and frauds. A detailed survey will be carried out and notices will be issued. Citizens have also been asked to register complaints with the police, a district administration official said.
With the list of illegal structures and encroachments being asked to be prepared,the collector had ordered all constructions to be removed from hill tops and slopes. Officials maintain that illegal constructions have been removed. A list of such structures had been updated and notices had been issued to the owners,officials said. A monthly meeting with police officials will help expedite the cases,while the administration is all set to provide documents such as record of rights to avoid delays in police investigations.
Earlier,200 illegal structures and encroachments had been removed along Pune-Satara highway in Khed Shivapur and Shindewadi area. The National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) had been asked to immediately start work to widen roads to six lanes. The accident report of the Pune Divisional Commissionerate is awaited.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched