The district administration will need 15 to 20 acre of land to relocate the survivors of the Malin village. The officials are in talks with local village representatives at taluka-level, politicians and gram sabha members to help relocation of 63 persons who survived the disaster.
At present, the survivors have put up at a temporary location at an ashramshala in Asane village, located near Malin. As many as 46 Of the 70 houses, spread in the seven gaothan areas of Malin village, were completely damaged in the landslide of July 30. There are 38 survivors of the tragedy of the 182 affected population while 14 houses with 25 persons who were unaffected by the landslide will also be part of the rehabilitation package.
With the villagers preferring to relocate close to the village, the administration is in the process of identifying land for it. “We are in talks with villagers who are keen to move to another area which will not disturb them completely. We are looking at an area close to the village and have identified the location which is of a private party. We would not go for land acquisition process but would want to buy the land,” said District Collector Saurabh Rao.
With the first process being of excavating all the bodies from the site, the next process is to work out the rehabilitation process. With villagers in a state of shock the local representatives have convinced them to shift out of the village close by and once the area is shown to the villagers the state government can initiate the process. The collector is keen to work on the rehabilitation model with private NGOs.
A detailed report will be readied of all the survivors with the age, sex and qualification and there would be efforts to rehabilitate them according to their wishes. “The entire model will be worked along with the villagers and this would be the next step post the search and rescue operations. The administration will have a proper database as the compensation too will be given out to the members. The new area should have all the infrastructure and the model will be worked out with the state government,” he added. With the area comprising mainly tribals the government has plenty to offer from the tribal welfare schemes.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More