For the ensuing Lok Sabha elections, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is most likely to field Subhash Ware and Maruti Bhapkar as its candidates from Pune and Maval seats. The official declaration is expected soon.
Ware, who is also a member of the national executive of the party, has for long been associated with the socialist movement in the state.
Ware said the process for selection of Pune candidate was still on.
Bhapkar, who was an independent corporator of the PCMC, has been active in the social field for several years. Bhapkar led the agitation against SEZs in Ratnagiri and Maval regions. In Pimpri-Chinchwad, he led agitations against corruption and the functioning of PCMC. In 2009, he unsuccessfully contested from the Maval seat.
After the Delhi elections, the party called for applications from candidates for LS seats from across Maharashtra. It received 675 applications online for the 48 LS constituencies in Maharashtra. Nagpur city saw the highest number (66) of applications. Pune came second with 40.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016