Eight flats in a residential society of government employees in Masulkar Colony, Pimpri-Chinchwad, were burgled by unidentified accused in the early hours of Sunday. All the eight flats were locked as the occupants were out of station, said the police.
The incident was reported to the police around 5 am on Sunday when some of the residents of Sector W residential society found their doors locked from outside. “The police control room got calls from some of the residents. As our teams reached the spot, we found that the suspects had broken into eight flats in various buildings of the residential society. All these flats were locked,” said sub-inspector Sachin Nikam of Pimpri police station, who is investigating the case.
He added: “Based on the statements from the residents, this seems to have taken place sometime between 2 am and 5 am on Sunday. The burglars had locked the door of the flats adjacent to those targeted. As of now, we have ascertained that cash and valuables worth Rs 67,000 has been stolen from one of the flats. We are checking with other residents. The way the suspects have chosen the flats shows that they kept a watch on this society.”
According to the police, government employees working in police and education departments and courts have their flats in the society.
“Surprisingly, there is no security guard and there are no CCTV cameras. As a part of our routine exercise, we tell residential societies to deploy security and install CCTV cameras,” said Nikam.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016