Eight flats in a residential society of government employees in Masulkar Colony, Pimpri-Chinchwad, were burgled by unidentified accused in the early hours of Sunday. All the eight flats were locked as the occupants were out of station, said the police.
The incident was reported to the police around 5 am on Sunday when some of the residents of Sector W residential society found their doors locked from outside. “The police control room got calls from some of the residents. As our teams reached the spot, we found that the suspects had broken into eight flats in various buildings of the residential society. All these flats were locked,” said sub-inspector Sachin Nikam of Pimpri police station, who is investigating the case.
He added: “Based on the statements from the residents, this seems to have taken place sometime between 2 am and 5 am on Sunday. The burglars had locked the door of the flats adjacent to those targeted. As of now, we have ascertained that cash and valuables worth Rs 67,000 has been stolen from one of the flats. We are checking with other residents. The way the suspects have chosen the flats shows that they kept a watch on this society.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to the police, government employees working in police and education departments and courts have their flats in the society.
“Surprisingly, there is no security guard and there are no CCTV cameras. As a part of our routine exercise, we tell residential societies to deploy security and install CCTV cameras,” said Nikam.