Pune city has been witnessing heavy downpour and the Met department has recorded 74.1 mm of rainfall in 36 hours since the morning of July 30, Wednesday, to 8.30 pm on July 31, Thursday. While 67.9 mm of it was recorded in the 24 hours till 8.30 am Thursday, the rest of the day, till 8.30 pm, there was 6.2 mm rainfall.
The department has predicted that the rain deficit in the country, including the state, would be brought down further with favourable conditions developing off the coast.
According to the Met department, the rainfall recorded in July in the city was 296.2 mm, a deficit of 25 per cent.
“The rainfall deficit reduced in July,” said Met officials. The trend was noticed throughout the country which saw the total deficit reduced to 22 per cent. The deficit for eastern and northeastern regions of India was 25 per cent, and in northwest it was 34 per cent. In central India, the deficit was 14 per cent. The Southern peninsula saw a deficit of 21 per cent.”
With catchment areas of dams receiving moderate to heavy rain, officials released waters from Khadakwasla dam. At 5 pm, officials released 23,362 cusecs and the flow was reduced to 17,380 cusecs and later, till 8 pm, to 8,855 cusecs. Meanwhile, water levels in the four dams that supply water to the city reached 17.47 TMC against last year’s 28.37 TMC.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More