Maharashtra convenor of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Anjali Damania Friday reiterated that the party would contest all 48 seats in the state in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections.
She was interacting with the media in Pune after paying respects to the statue of social reformer Savitribai Phule on her birth anniversary.
Since the swearing-in of (Arvind) Kejriwal government in Delhi and their subsequent victory in the trust vote,interest in the party has increased manifolds. In the last three days,we have received 73,000 applications from people willing to fight elections under the AAP symbol, she said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Damania said 33 district committees would be ready within the next few weeks. In Aurangabad,1,200 members from mainstream political parties have joined us, she said. Damania said they were taking a written undertaking from the political party members joining AAP,declaring that they were not becoming part of the party for any electoral gain or ticket. For members who are willing to contest polls,we are asking them to give it in writing what would they do if ticket is denied to them, she said.
According to her,the party is getting a good response in both urban and rural areas. We are going to New Delhi for the meeting of the national executive committee of where we will make presentation on Maharashtra AAP. We will finalise cut-off dates for preparation of the Lok Sabha elections in a few days, she said.
Damania also sought to clarify that talks about her contesting the LS polls against BJP leader Nitin Gadkari from Nagpur were premature and largely creation of the media.
Our party has a very elaborate method of candidate selection and it would not be bypassed for any one. Even if I am keen on contesting,I would have to apply online,get the green signal of the district committees and then only the final decision would be taken, she said.
When asked if she was personally keen on contesting against Gadkari,Damania replied in the negative. It was Damania,who,along with party leader and Arvind Kejriwal,had made allegations of corruption against Gadkaris Purti Group.