Maharashtra convenor of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Anjali Damania Friday reiterated that the party would contest all 48 seats in the state in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections.
She was interacting with the media in Pune after paying respects to the statue of social reformer Savitribai Phule on her birth anniversary.
Since the swearing-in of (Arvind) Kejriwal government in Delhi and their subsequent victory in the trust vote,interest in the party has increased manifolds. In the last three days,we have received 73,000 applications from people willing to fight elections under the AAP symbol, she said.
Damania said 33 district committees would be ready within the next few weeks. In Aurangabad,1,200 members from mainstream political parties have joined us, she said. Damania said they were taking a written undertaking from the political party members joining AAP,declaring that they were not becoming part of the party for any electoral gain or ticket. For members who are willing to contest polls,we are asking them to give it in writing what would they do if ticket is denied to them, she said.
According to her,the party is getting a good response in both urban and rural areas. We are going to New Delhi for the meeting of the national executive committee of where we will make presentation on Maharashtra AAP. We will finalise cut-off dates for preparation of the Lok Sabha elections in a few days, she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Damania also sought to clarify that talks about her contesting the LS polls against BJP leader Nitin Gadkari from Nagpur were premature and largely creation of the media.
Our party has a very elaborate method of candidate selection and it would not be bypassed for any one. Even if I am keen on contesting,I would have to apply online,get the green signal of the district committees and then only the final decision would be taken, she said.
When asked if she was personally keen on contesting against Gadkari,Damania replied in the negative. It was Damania,who,along with party leader and Arvind Kejriwal,had made allegations of corruption against Gadkaris Purti Group.