According to the updated voters list, Pune Lok Sabha constituency has seen an increase of 54,787 voters since January. All four parliamentary seats have registered an increase in the total number of seats, with Shirur seeing an increase of 54,284 voters, followed by Baramati with 45,006 voters and Maval with 36,654 voters. The final voters list — which was approved by the Election Commission (EC) for Pune district — has 65.61 lakh voters.
With an effort to increase the voting percentage from 46.12 per cent in the last elections to 75 per cent, on EC’s directions, the district has now included over 2.13 lakh voters to the list after conducting a special drive. “The drive was to ensure that maximum number of voters are registered and we have now updated the final list,’’ said District Collector Saurabh Rao.
Chinchwad has the maximum voters among the 21 Assembly constituencies in the district, registering 45,2649 voters, followed by Khadakwasla and Hadapsar constituencies, which registered 39,6951 and 39,1243 voters respectively. With special drives held after January 31, the total number of voters have increased in all constituencies .
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“The final list was awaited after the special drive was conducted post January 31. The drive, which was initially till March 15 and was extended till March 22, has ensured the increase in voters. We have issued the final list as declared by the EC,’’ said an election official.
In Pune constituency — which has Wadgaonsheri, Shivajinagar, Kothrud, Parvati, Pune Cantonment and Kasba — the total number of voters registered is 18.33 lakh as against 17.79 lakh voters previously. While Baramati constituency has registered 18.09 lakh voters as against 17.64 lakh voters for Daund, Indapur, Baramati, Purandar, Bhor and Khadakwasla constituency, while Shirur constituency has 18.20 lakh voters as against 17.66 lakh voters for Junnar, Ambegaon, Khed, Shirur, Bhosri and Hadapsar. Maval constituency, which had 18.85 lakh voters, now has 19.32 lakh voters for Maval, Chinchwad, Pimpri, Panvel, Karjat and Uran constituency.
With the district collectorate announcing the last date for voter registration as March 15, the EC guidelines also saw some more forms being taken in till March 22. As many as 4,000 forms were then added.