4G: In a first, PMC to lease out land for telecommunication towers

Decision taken after Reliance Gio sought land to set up its broadband network service in city

Written by Ajay Khape | Pune | Published:June 20, 2014 3:49 am
The civic administration’s decision to allow towers on civic land came after the proposal of the Reliance Gio Infocom Ltd seeking land to erect towers to set up its 4G network in the city. The civic administration’s decision to allow towers on civic land came after the proposal of the Reliance Gio Infocom Ltd seeking land to erect towers to set up its 4G network in the city.

Struggling to keep a check on mobile towers being erected illegally on private properties, the PMC has now decided to allow towers for telecommunication to be erected on open land owned by the civic body after the Reliance Gio sought land on lease to set up its 4th generation (4G) wireless broadband network service in the city.

“The civic body never gave permission for towers of telecommunication services to come up on civic land. However, the demand of a private company to set up towers to provide 4G service in the city has made the civic body lease out the required land,” said R T Shinde, PMC land estate officer.

It seems the civic administration realised that there was no harm in leasing out civic plots to set up towers for telecommunication service, he said, adding that land required for each tower was a mere 4-sqm plot and it would be accommodated in any corner of the reserved land of a civic facility like a garden.

As per the demand, the PMC would lease out 300 spots across the city for 30 years. “The policy decision has been taken to erect towers in civic-owned land, but each tower will come up after it receives the building construction department nod,” Shinde said. He added that the department would give its opinion on the proposal for each tower after taking the proposed land into consideration.

“The PMC would ensure that the towers are as per the telecom policy of the Union government. The civic body would follow its property lease policy to lease land for towers and it would only be done by inviting tenders so that interested parties can participate in the bid. The private company would have to identify land and submit a plan,” said Shinde.

The civic administration decides the lease amount based on the ready reckoner rate, Shinde said, adding the lease would vary for land required for each tower. The civic administration would apply the maximum of the ready reckoner rate for all the towers, which would be increased by 12 per cent every three years.

Standing committee chairperson Bapu Karne said the civic panel gave its nod to the proposal as it would provide new revenue source for the civic body. “The PMC will set the initial lease amount for each tower at Rs 2,820 in the tender so that the bidders can quote their amount. The one giving maximum lease would be able to erect towers on civic land,” he said.

The officials also said that the towers that would come up on civic land would have to follow all the processes that are mandatory for towers on private properties. The proposal, after being approved by the standing committee in haste, has now been tabled before the general body on an urgent basis for final approval.

The civic administration’s decision to allow towers on civic land came after the proposal of the Reliance Gio Infocom Ltd seeking land to erect towers to set up its 4G network in the city. In its proposal, the Reliance Gio ensured that the towers had been designed in a manner that they would look like electric poles. It further said that the towers could also be used to install security cameras for public utility on civic land.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

1. B
    Bablu kumar
    Mar 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm
    sirlt;br/gt; I agree with your views and the land is also available as per the guidance shown above. You are requested to use my land for Reliance jeo Tower. my address is Vill p.o.- koiriya pipra, near Parihar block, p. s-parhar district-sitamarhi Pin-843324. Bihar mob.-8709883765
    1. c
      chandan kr.
      Jan 20, 2017 at 5:14 am
      sir, i am interested to set up mobile tower in my land i am chandan kr. giri from -Vill-Tarmi basti,P.O-bhandaridah,P.S-chandrapura,dist-Bokaro,state-Jharkhandlt;br/gt;mob-7250849766
        Kheem singh
        Jan 10, 2017 at 4:50 pm
        Dear sir,lt;br/gt; I have a individual opan Land's install new mob tower.please contact me.lt;br/gt;Name-kheem Singh Negi lt;br/gt;Village -Dhaniyakhan lt;br/gt;P. O-simrarlt;br/gt;Dist- Nainital,uttrakhandlt;br/gt;Pin code -263135lt;br/gt;Mob no-9821937808
        1. N
          narad muni
          Jan 5, 2017 at 1:52 pm
          land available 3500sq.ft. on road for mobile tower for rent village- malhachakia, post- central jail, dis- buxar bihar pin no. 802102
            Asif
            Sep 8, 2016 at 5:52 pm
            Lend for rent in karnatak udupi Kapu mallar munshiparti area Mobil 9164421434 Asif
            1. N
              Naveen
              Sep 27, 2016 at 2:52 am
              I have a place 2700 Sq. FT for mobile tower . Any company interested can contact me at my no.s 9718909409 Land Location Village Atali, Tehsil Ballabga eh Disttrict Faridabad, Haryana
              1. T
                Tarasankar nanda
                Jan 9, 2016 at 3:23 pm
                Sir please contact me 9647986973
                  dharmendra kumar
                  Jul 7, 2016 at 11:00 pm
                  My land home of the mobile tower no.8126032689 .my add. U.p. west bareilly
                    dharmendra kumar
                    Jul 13, 2016 at 6:23 pm
                    My home land mobil tower my proparty 4g tower in durga nagar bareilly u. P. West mob.no. 9058280918
                      Abhijeet
                      Jan 28, 2016 at 12:07 pm
                      Dear Sir, My name is abhijeet. I want to install a tower in my land. Address is. Village and Post- Nabastha, District- Barddhaman, Pin-713407, West Bengal.
                        anima khan
                        Apr 3, 2016 at 5:42 pm
                        What is your opinion?I wants to installation 4g tower on my property.thanking you
                          ayyub ansari
                          Feb 16, 2016 at 10:09 pm
                          My name ayyub ansari my land in Nagpur three flor building nit senctoin home ..what the required my home of mobile tower..
                          1. B
                            bipin kamat
                            Dec 30, 2016 at 6:57 am
                            land available 2000sq.ft.andmore for mobile tower. site add. mukam post kuve pincod 416701,tal.lanja.dist.rantagiri..maharashtra.mo.9029500239....
                              devaraj
                              Oct 31, 2016 at 6:15 pm
                              Respected sir ,lt;br/gt;i am deveraj plot area 3000 esq,gj. my lt;br/gt;address is followinglt;br/gt;NAME -- devrajlt;br/gt;Add: ward no 23, hegadagere bidadi, mysore road, bangalore. Near nithyanda Ashram, ramansgar district bangalore pin code 562108. APPROVED plain land 20,000 sq foot. 4km to mysore road highway. Contact no.9741355911. lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;CONTERECT NO,7860444416.9721114009, ID PLEASE CONTERECT MElt;br/gt;with thankslt;br/gt;71 comments
                                Sekh Golam
                                Sep 28, 2016 at 11:22 am
                                Respected Sir/Mamlt;br/gt;I requested for new tower installation in my property kindly grant my request lt;br/gt;I am sekh golam masud villege post kamarhati raina2 dist Burdwan wrst bangal pin 713421
                                  kumaraswamy g
                                  Sep 6, 2016 at 8:07 am
                                  my home land for telecommunication towers
                                  1. T
                                    Tarikul Islam
                                    Feb 9, 2016 at 5:32 am
                                    Dear sir my name Tarikul.i wantwantto installinstall a towertowerin my land .address .vill .sriram pur p.o- Beniagram p.s-Farakka Dist-Murshidabad .West Bengal.Pin-742212
                                    1. T
                                      Tarikul Islam
                                      Feb 9, 2016 at 5:34 am
                                      Tarikul islam mob no 0 9126670202
                                        Subhash
                                        Feb 22, 2016 at 4:12 am
                                        My lend rent in tower install village-dudoli, teh.==didwana,nagour, raj.341316 ph 9126183049
                                        1. N
                                          Nitesh kumar
                                          Nov 3, 2016 at 5:26 pm
                                          Sir, I am interested to set up mobile tower in my land ( 1 katha accurate land it is)lt;br/gt;My address is following :-lt;br/gt;Dakhin tola; Dumrejini road lt;br/gt;Dumraon( Pin-- 802119) ; distt-- (Buxar) ; Biharlt;br/gt;Want to provide my land fr Bharti airtel; BSNL, Reliance, Reliance jio,Aircel Frm this any of them ......lt;br/gt;Thnks; Try to call me at 7301894662
                                          1. N
                                            NAGASO LEGO
                                            Sep 28, 2016 at 3:57 am
                                            Respected Sir/Mamlt;br/gt;I requested for new tower installation in my property kindly grant my request lt;br/gt;I am NAGASO LEGO lt;br/gt;Adress; Arunachal Pradeshlt;br/gt;Post office Roinglt;br/gt;District Lower Dibang Valley lt;br/gt;Village YIBUKlt;br/gt;pin 792110