A four-year-old girl student of a well-known primary school in the city was allegedly sexually assaulted by an attendant on the school bus. Police have arrested the attendant and the driver of the bus in connection with the incident that took place on Friday.
According to the Deccan Gymkhana police, the incident came to light late on Friday when the girl told her parents that the attendant had harmed her.
“The parents first approached the school authorities on Saturday and told the principal that they suspected their daughter had been sexually assaulted and that they would take her to a gynaecologist for medical examination. On Monday morning, they went to the school and told the principal that their daughter was sexually assaulted according to the findings of the medical examination,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police M B Tambade.
The incident was then reported to the police after the principal reported the matter to the director of the institute. The police then arrested the suspects, who are 22 and 28 years of age.
Police are also verifying whether the girl was assaulted by the attendant in the past. “These things are very difficult to verify as the victim is young and finding such facts may take time,” said a police officer.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Tambade added, “The parents of the girl have not approached us directly. We have registered an offence against the attendant and driver under Indian Penal Code Section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) and relevant sections of Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act. This offence has been registered as per the complaint of the school principal.”
Senior Inspector Pravin Chaugule said, “We are yet to receive the medical report given by the private doctor. The IPC section for rape will be added if medical examination by a government doctor confirms it.”
Meanwhile, police sources said the condition of the girl is stable and she is under medical observation.
Tambade added, “We are also registering an offence against the school authorities under the Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act for not reporting the matter to us immediately after it came to light. The offence will be registered against all school office-bearers who knew about the sexual assault.”