A four-year-old girl student of a well-known primary school in the city was allegedly sexually assaulted by an attendant on the school bus. Police have arrested the attendant and the driver of the bus in connection with the incident that took place on Friday.
According to the Deccan Gymkhana police, the incident came to light late on Friday when the girl told her parents that the attendant had harmed her.
“The parents first approached the school authorities on Saturday and told the principal that they suspected their daughter had been sexually assaulted and that they would take her to a gynaecologist for medical examination. On Monday morning, they went to the school and told the principal that their daughter was sexually assaulted according to the findings of the medical examination,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police M B Tambade.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The incident was then reported to the police after the principal reported the matter to the director of the institute. The police then arrested the suspects, who are 22 and 28 years of age.
Police are also verifying whether the girl was assaulted by the attendant in the past. “These things are very difficult to verify as the victim is young and finding such facts may take time,” said a police officer.
Tambade added, “The parents of the girl have not approached us directly. We have registered an offence against the attendant and driver under Indian Penal Code Section 354 (outraging modesty of a woman) and relevant sections of Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act. This offence has been registered as per the complaint of the school principal.”
Senior Inspector Pravin Chaugule said, “We are yet to receive the medical report given by the private doctor. The IPC section for rape will be added if medical examination by a government doctor confirms it.”
Meanwhile, police sources said the condition of the girl is stable and she is under medical observation.
Tambade added, “We are also registering an offence against the school authorities under the Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Act for not reporting the matter to us immediately after it came to light. The offence will be registered against all school office-bearers who knew about the sexual assault.”