The crime branch of Pune police has arrested four historysheeters in connection with the armed robberies in three housing societies in Baner, Pashan and Hinjewadi. All the three robberies had taken place in the early hours on March 6. Investigations have revealed that the suspects did a recce of these areas on the pretext of searching for houses on rent. The police also arrested jeweller, Lalmani Soni (42), who was the receiver.
The robbers had targeted four flats in three housing societies in Baner, Pimple Nilakh and Punavale near Hinjewadi in the early hours and looted valuables worth over Rs 6 lakh and also attacked residents.
Around five-six armed suspects had arrived in a stolen van to target two flats which are owned by Sushma Yadnik on Pancard Club Road in Baner and Shivram Dhawale in Punavale. Complaints have been registered at Sangvi, Chatushrungi and Hinjewadi police stations, respectively.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Based on a tip-off, the police arrested Sonu Kapursingh Tak (20), Nikhil More (24), Pandurang Chaugule (23) and Prashant Mohire, on different days in the past one week. Police said suspect Bablu Singh Tak is yet to be arrested. Police have recovered weapons, 240 gm gold ornaments, 20 gm silver valuables and 10 cellphones from them.
DCP Jayant Naiknaware said, “The suspects had used a stolen van to commit the crime and had abandoned it at a secluded place after the robberies.”