The crime branch of Pune police has arrested four historysheeters in connection with the armed robberies in three housing societies in Baner, Pashan and Hinjewadi. All the three robberies had taken place in the early hours on March 6. Investigations have revealed that the suspects did a recce of these areas on the pretext of searching for houses on rent. The police also arrested jeweller, Lalmani Soni (42), who was the receiver.
The robbers had targeted four flats in three housing societies in Baner, Pimple Nilakh and Punavale near Hinjewadi in the early hours and looted valuables worth over Rs 6 lakh and also attacked residents.
Around five-six armed suspects had arrived in a stolen van to target two flats which are owned by Sushma Yadnik on Pancard Club Road in Baner and Shivram Dhawale in Punavale. Complaints have been registered at Sangvi, Chatushrungi and Hinjewadi police stations, respectively.
Based on a tip-off, the police arrested Sonu Kapursingh Tak (20), Nikhil More (24), Pandurang Chaugule (23) and Prashant Mohire, on different days in the past one week. Police said suspect Bablu Singh Tak is yet to be arrested. Police have recovered weapons, 240 gm gold ornaments, 20 gm silver valuables and 10 cellphones from them.
DCP Jayant Naiknaware said, “The suspects had used a stolen van to commit the crime and had abandoned it at a secluded place after the robberies.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016