The first Hockey India 5-a-side Senior National Championship 2016 will be held at Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Balewadi, Mahalunge, from 26 to 30 October. Former Captain of the Indian team and brand ambassador for the meet, Dhanraj Pillay, launched jersey colours and brochures for the tournament.
The five-day event, which will witness participation of 16 teams, 176 players, 20 officials and 25 volunteers, will see top rated Indian players of highest standards attracting spectators in thousands from across the city and country.
Dr Parag Sancheti of Sancheti Hospital, Kevin Michael of Khiladi Connect, Joint Secretary of Hockey India Manoj Bhore and Vice-President of Hockey Maharashtra Manish Anand were present on the occasion.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Sancheti Hospital, spearheaded by Dr Parag Sancheti, is the medical partner for the event.
Knowledge and event partner Khiladi Connect, which has been a great supporter of Hockey Maharashtra, is now helping to promote the sport at the grassroot level in various districts of the state, said Bhore.
To host the championship is a proud moment for the city as this is the most awaited hockey tournament in India, said organising secretary Bhore.
The teams have been divided into two pools. The event will be played in league-cum-knockout basis. Tournament director Manish Gaur, umpires manager Javed Shaikh, who just returned from the Rio Olympics, were present at the occasion.