The University of Pune (UoP) is likely to hold a re-examination of one first-year MBA subject after it has been established that the question paper was leaked prior to the examination. Students had, however, complained that question papers of at least four other subjects had been leaked.
A police probe has confirmed that the question paper of Management Information System (MIS) exam that was held on May 10 had been leaked. It was last in the series of total six papers for first-year MBA. Students have claimed that UoP was forced to ‘change’ the question paper of Operations Research, held on May 9, at the last minute after there were complaints that question papers of the four subjects, examinations of which were held earlier, had been leaked.
“Undoubtedly, papers were leaked for earlier first-year MBA subjects too. There was a strong talk about this on the campus before the examination of each subject and also after the paper. There were even two groups within the students — one that knew the question paper much before the examination and the other that got to know of the leaked questions on the day of the examination,” said Prasad Waikar, the whistleblower in the case of MIS paper.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Speaking to Newsline, the university’s officiating controller of examinations Vishwas Gaikwad said neither the police nor the university had any proof so far that could substantiate allegations of leak of all MBA first-year question papers. “We cannot go by vague claims. Those who are claiming that question papers were leaked should come forward with evidence for necessary action. As of now, we are only considering re-examination of one subject,” he said.
Gaikwad said the date of a possible meeting of competent authorities to take a call on MBA re-examination in the wake of the MIS question paper leak would be decided on Thursday.
The Chaturshrungi police Tuesday arrested an assistant programmer working with the University of Pune and the clerk of Sinhgad Institute of Management in the MBA paper leak case.
Both have been remanded in police custody till May 26. Sub-Inspector A D Sabale said both had been interrogated to find out whether they were part of any larger racket.