The University of Pune (UoP) is likely to hold a re-examination of one first-year MBA subject after it has been established that the question paper was leaked prior to the examination. Students had, however, complained that question papers of at least four other subjects had been leaked.
A police probe has confirmed that the question paper of Management Information System (MIS) exam that was held on May 10 had been leaked. It was last in the series of total six papers for first-year MBA. Students have claimed that UoP was forced to ‘change’ the question paper of Operations Research, held on May 9, at the last minute after there were complaints that question papers of the four subjects, examinations of which were held earlier, had been leaked.
“Undoubtedly, papers were leaked for earlier first-year MBA subjects too. There was a strong talk about this on the campus before the examination of each subject and also after the paper. There were even two groups within the students — one that knew the question paper much before the examination and the other that got to know of the leaked questions on the day of the examination,” said Prasad Waikar, the whistleblower in the case of MIS paper.
Speaking to Newsline, the university’s officiating controller of examinations Vishwas Gaikwad said neither the police nor the university had any proof so far that could substantiate allegations of leak of all MBA first-year question papers. “We cannot go by vague claims. Those who are claiming that question papers were leaked should come forward with evidence for necessary action. As of now, we are only considering re-examination of one subject,” he said.
Gaikwad said the date of a possible meeting of competent authorities to take a call on MBA re-examination in the wake of the MIS question paper leak would be decided on Thursday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Chaturshrungi police Tuesday arrested an assistant programmer working with the University of Pune and the clerk of Sinhgad Institute of Management in the MBA paper leak case.
Both have been remanded in police custody till May 26. Sub-Inspector A D Sabale said both had been interrogated to find out whether they were part of any larger racket.