Youth electrocuted

A 21-year-old man was electrocuted at a bus stand in Mahim (East) on Thursday.

Written by Express News Service | Published:May 4, 2012 3:32 am

A 21-year-old man was electrocuted at a bus stand in Mahim (East) on Thursday. The police have registered a case of negligence against the contractors of a billboard at the bus stand that is believed to have caused the electrocution.

The victim identified as Abdul Karim Shakil Shaikh,a resident of Rathi Killa Compound,Mahim (East) . Police officers said it was a short circuit in a billboard displaying a tea advertisement above the bus stand that electrocuted Shaikh.

The police have registered a case of causing death due to negligence under Section 304(A) of the Indian Penal Code against the contractors of the billboard.The police said Shaikh was a hawker who sold imitation jewellery sets on streets. He is survived by his mother and four brothers. “A probe is on,” said an officer.

For all the latest Cities News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.