Worker dies, 8 fall ill after ammonia gas leakage

A case has been registered against the owner of the factory, Ashok Bhojwani, by Ambernath police.

Thane | Published: March 30, 2014 2:30:59 am

One worker died and eight other were injured following leakage of ammonia gas at an ice factory at Chikloli MIDC, Ambernath, on
Saturday. “Shamboo Nepali Mahanto (25) died of asphyxiation. The eight injured workers are undergoing treatment at Sion Hospital,” the police said. A case has been registered against the owner of the factory, Ashok Bhojwani, by Ambernath police.

For all the latest Mumbai News, download Indian Express App

Share your thoughts
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement