In an alleged brazen daylight robbery, four unidentified people barged into a woman’s house in Chinchpokli (east) on Saturday, assaulted and gagged her, and fled with valuables worth Rs 6 lakh.
The 34-year-old homemaker, Sushma Surve, is at present undergoing treatment at KEM hospital. She was found gagged at her residence by a neighbour.
The police said the victim was found unconscious, her hands were tied and mouth was stuffed with a cloth. Surve’s neighbour Shweta Patil (38) lodged a complaint at Kalachowky police station.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The incident seems to have taken place between 10 am and 5:30 pm, and based on the incident described by the woman, we believe there were four accused. They assaulted her on the head, tied her hands and stuffed her mouth with a piece of cloth to muffle her screams. Valuables worth around Rs 6 lakh are suspected to be missing, but she has not been able to give us a clear picture as she is sub-conscious after being hit on the head. We will wait for her to recover fully and then record a detailed statement,” said senior PI Bhausaheb Gite from Kalachowky police station.
The police have registered a case of trespassing, assault, illegal confinement and robbery against four unidentified people. The police, however, rued over the fact that there were no CCTV cameras installed in Sankalp building, where the alleged incident took place.
“We are checking the footage from cameras installed around the area and nearby shops which may have captured the suspicious people,” said another officer.
Surve’s husband, who works at a private firm, and her daughter, were out when the alleged incident took place.
“We will question neighbours as it is possible that someone may have seen the robbers enter the building,” an officer said.