In an alleged brazen daylight robbery, four unidentified people barged into a woman’s house in Chinchpokli (east) on Saturday, assaulted and gagged her, and fled with valuables worth Rs 6 lakh.
The 34-year-old homemaker, Sushma Surve, is at present undergoing treatment at KEM hospital. She was found gagged at her residence by a neighbour.
The police said the victim was found unconscious, her hands were tied and mouth was stuffed with a cloth. Surve’s neighbour Shweta Patil (38) lodged a complaint at Kalachowky police station.
“The incident seems to have taken place between 10 am and 5:30 pm, and based on the incident described by the woman, we believe there were four accused. They assaulted her on the head, tied her hands and stuffed her mouth with a piece of cloth to muffle her screams. Valuables worth around Rs 6 lakh are suspected to be missing, but she has not been able to give us a clear picture as she is sub-conscious after being hit on the head. We will wait for her to recover fully and then record a detailed statement,” said senior PI Bhausaheb Gite from Kalachowky police station.
The police have registered a case of trespassing, assault, illegal confinement and robbery against four unidentified people. The police, however, rued over the fact that there were no CCTV cameras installed in Sankalp building, where the alleged incident took place.
“We are checking the footage from cameras installed around the area and nearby shops which may have captured the suspicious people,” said another officer.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Surve’s husband, who works at a private firm, and her daughter, were out when the alleged incident took place.
“We will question neighbours as it is possible that someone may have seen the robbers enter the building,” an officer said.