The Nirmal Nagar police on Sunday arrested a man for allegedly raping a 23-year-old woman at knifepoint on January 23.
The woman had contacted the man, identified as Mukhtar Khan, after she saw an employment advertisement in a local train for a position of junior artiste, said police.
The police have also arrested two others, Sajid Ali and Maqsood Shaikh, both around 40 years of age, for abetting the crime.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
According to the police, Sajid Ali, a friend of Khan, set up the latter’s meeting with the woman in Bandra (east) on Thursday evening when she called him enquiring about the junior artiste’s job. After the meeting, Khan allegedly asked the woman to accompany him to a room in the locality, where he held her on a knifepoint and raped her. The room, in Patrewali chawl of Behram Nagar, was owned by Maqsood Shaikh.
The woman, who approached the police on Sunday, told them she was afraid to report the incident as he had threatened to kill her.
The police have registered a case of rape and criminal intimidation under sections of the Indian Penal Code against the three arrested.