The Nirmal Nagar police on Sunday arrested a man for allegedly raping a 23-year-old woman at knifepoint on January 23.
The woman had contacted the man, identified as Mukhtar Khan, after she saw an employment advertisement in a local train for a position of junior artiste, said police.
The police have also arrested two others, Sajid Ali and Maqsood Shaikh, both around 40 years of age, for abetting the crime.
According to the police, Sajid Ali, a friend of Khan, set up the latter’s meeting with the woman in Bandra (east) on Thursday evening when she called him enquiring about the junior artiste’s job. After the meeting, Khan allegedly asked the woman to accompany him to a room in the locality, where he held her on a knifepoint and raped her. The room, in Patrewali chawl of Behram Nagar, was owned by Maqsood Shaikh.
The woman, who approached the police on Sunday, told them she was afraid to report the incident as he had threatened to kill her.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The police have registered a case of rape and criminal intimidation under sections of the Indian Penal Code against the three arrested.