Inmates of hostels at Mumbai University campus will soon get wi-fi, washing machines and solar powered generators. In a meeting held on April 3, a decision to improve amenities in students’ hostel was taken by university officials.
The assurance was given by the university authorities in response to questions raised by senate members in the recently held senate meeting. Officials have said that plans for the same would be drawn up at the earliest and implementation will be done soon thereafter.
According to senate member Sanjay Vairal, students at the university hostels face a lot of problems in the absence of basic amenities. “Though the university had committed to providing basic facilities and made provisions for the same in last year’s budget, it has failed to implement the same,” said Vairal.
He added, “Certain amenities such as availability of wi-fi in the hostel, solar power generators, better beds and washing machines on each floor were some of the issues that had been raised in the senate meeting. We often receive complains from students about the pathetic state of hostel mess.”
The officials, who met on April 3, are part of a four-member committee that was set up to take action on the points raised by senate members. The committee comprises university vice-chancellor Dr Rajan Welukar, pro-vice-chancellor Dr Naresh Chandra, director of the Board of College and University Development (BCUD) Dr Rajpal Hande and liaison official Dr V N Magre.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Chandra said that the issue of providing facilities and amenities to students living in hostels was being pursued vigorously and the university was going to provide more than what the senate members had asked for. “Plans have been drawn up not only for the wi-fi system, solar power generators, washing machine, etc, but also for an improved gymkhana, upgraded mess and recreation facilities for students. These facilities will be in place as soon as the plans gets sanctioned,” said Chandra.