A major fire broke out in a building next to the Elphinstone Road railway station, Mumbai that left 20 people stuck inside, including seven on the terrace.
Four fire engines arrived at the scene a little over 20 minutes after the fire broke out. The Mumbai police cannot confirm whether there have been any casualties yet.
The fifteen storey building, which is known as Naman Midtown Tower, is primarily a residential building but a few offices operate from it.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The fire department put out the fire and evacuated all the 20 people who were trapped inside.
“We have been informed of a major fire at 20-storey Naman Midtown building in Parel area and have rushed four fire
tenders to the spot. We have also sent two snorkels to evacuate people stuck in the high-rise,” an MCGM (Municipal
Corporation of Greater Mumbai) official said.
The official also said that they have been trying to ascertain the number of people injured in the fire.
— Kunāl Majumder (@kunalmajumder) June 21, 2014
with PTI inputs.