The Maharashtra Anti Corruption Bureau on Wednesday trapped and arrested two constables with the Nallasopara police station for allegedly taking bribe from a businessman.
ACB officials said that the businessman has been running a security agency without a proper license and one of the two accused, identified as Police Constable Mandar Gujare, had been taking Rs 12,000 from him every month for several months in exchange for not taking action against him.
- ACB nabs two cops for ‘taking bribe’
- Ward officer held for demanding Rs two lakh bribe
- Policewoman, constable held for ‘taking bribe’ in rape case
- Maharashtra ACB arrests police naik for ‘taking bribe’ from auto driver
- In rare case of ‘reverse trap’, two arrested for giving bribe in Pune
- Constable arrested for graft,police inspector on the run
When the businessman said he would be unable to keep paying the bribe, Gujare threatened to take action against him, and the businessman approached the ACB.
In a trap laid by the ACB, Gujare allegedly accepted the money and passed it on to Head Constable Nitin Raut, after which both the constables were arrested.