The police have identified two businessmen who are common friends to both Preity Zinta and Ness Wadia and who were seated in Garware Pavilion in Wankhede Stadium on May 30 when Wadia allegedly molested and abused the actor on three separate occasions.
These men are among seven people whose statements have been recorded so far by the Marine Drive police.
The two businessmen have been identified as Danish Merchant and Jai Kanojia, both in their forties. “Both said they were witness to an incident inside Garware Pavilion. As they know both Zinta and Wadia, their statements do not appear to favour either of them,” said a senior police officer.
The police have also recorded statements of three women working as hospitality staff inside the pavilion. “Their work was to cater to those spectators allotted seats in the Kings XI Punjab box,” said the officer. Apart from them, the police have also recorded statements of IPL CEO Sunder Raman and BCCI official Ankit Baldi.
“These witnesses have told us of two incidents that occurred inside Garware Pavilion and on the ground after the match. But we still have to identify the exact location where the third incident occurred,” said the officer.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Meanwhile, Zinta is expected to arrive in city on Saturday and record her statements on Sunday. The Marine Drive police station, which is investigating the case, is waiting to record a supplementary statement of hers to establish where thethree incidents occurred and who witnessed them.
“We have received information that she has left the US on Friday and is expected to arrive on Sunday. Further course of action will be decided when she returns,” the officer said.
Wadia is accused of molesting and abusing Zinta while their team played against Kolkata Knight Riders in the semi-final playoff.