The police have identified two businessmen who are common friends to both Preity Zinta and Ness Wadia and who were seated in Garware Pavilion in Wankhede Stadium on May 30 when Wadia allegedly molested and abused the actor on three separate occasions.
These men are among seven people whose statements have been recorded so far by the Marine Drive police.
The two businessmen have been identified as Danish Merchant and Jai Kanojia, both in their forties. “Both said they were witness to an incident inside Garware Pavilion. As they know both Zinta and Wadia, their statements do not appear to favour either of them,” said a senior police officer.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police have also recorded statements of three women working as hospitality staff inside the pavilion. “Their work was to cater to those spectators allotted seats in the Kings XI Punjab box,” said the officer. Apart from them, the police have also recorded statements of IPL CEO Sunder Raman and BCCI official Ankit Baldi.
“These witnesses have told us of two incidents that occurred inside Garware Pavilion and on the ground after the match. But we still have to identify the exact location where the third incident occurred,” said the officer.
Meanwhile, Zinta is expected to arrive in city on Saturday and record her statements on Sunday. The Marine Drive police station, which is investigating the case, is waiting to record a supplementary statement of hers to establish where thethree incidents occurred and who witnessed them.
“We have received information that she has left the US on Friday and is expected to arrive on Sunday. Further course of action will be decided when she returns,” the officer said.
Wadia is accused of molesting and abusing Zinta while their team played against Kolkata Knight Riders in the semi-final playoff.