A member of the civic body’s tree authority has written to Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte and the civic standing committee chairman Rahul Shewale asking them to look into alleged irregularities in accepting bids for the maintenance and development of gardens in the city.
Nominated member Niranjan Shetty has alleged that the certification of the civil work for gardens, which needs to be approved by an engineer from the garden cell, has been assessed and approved by a horticulture assistant of each ward instead.
Neither confirming nor denying this allegation, Joint Deputy Municipal Commissioner (gardens and security) S S Shinde said, “What is wrong if the horticulture assistant certifies simple civil work for gardens?
This work does not involve Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC), but simple construction work like building a compound wall around the garden, where little cement is used.”
Shetty further alleges that agencies and bidders (Green Vision and Asmi), who were disqualified earlier, were also considered for the bidding process, and that several agencies have bid 50 per cent below the tender cost.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The garden department has said it is not possible to bar anyone from bidding in e-tendering processes.
Mumbai nws“We will take necessary action while awarding contracts if disqualified firms have bid,” said Shinde.
The civic body has begun finalising tenders and will soon appoint agencies for maintenance and development of the gardens after the approval of the standing committee.
“What is the urgency of awarding tenders now when the firms have bid so low? What work did the the gardens department not carry out in the past 10 months that is now being done in a haphazard manner?
The department is misleading the standing committee by not revealing relevant information,” said Shetty.