A member of the civic body’s tree authority has written to Municipal Commissioner Sitaram Kunte and the civic standing committee chairman Rahul Shewale asking them to look into alleged irregularities in accepting bids for the maintenance and development of gardens in the city.
Nominated member Niranjan Shetty has alleged that the certification of the civil work for gardens, which needs to be approved by an engineer from the garden cell, has been assessed and approved by a horticulture assistant of each ward instead.
Neither confirming nor denying this allegation, Joint Deputy Municipal Commissioner (gardens and security) S S Shinde said, “What is wrong if the horticulture assistant certifies simple civil work for gardens?
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
This work does not involve Reactive Powder Concrete (RPC), but simple construction work like building a compound wall around the garden, where little cement is used.”
Shetty further alleges that agencies and bidders (Green Vision and Asmi), who were disqualified earlier, were also considered for the bidding process, and that several agencies have bid 50 per cent below the tender cost.
The garden department has said it is not possible to bar anyone from bidding in e-tendering processes.
Mumbai nws“We will take necessary action while awarding contracts if disqualified firms have bid,” said Shinde.
The civic body has begun finalising tenders and will soon appoint agencies for maintenance and development of the gardens after the approval of the standing committee.
“What is the urgency of awarding tenders now when the firms have bid so low? What work did the the gardens department not carry out in the past 10 months that is now being done in a haphazard manner?
The department is misleading the standing committee by not revealing relevant information,” said Shetty.