To make its plan of opening up some of its land to the public — by way of a marina — attractive for bidders, the Mumbai Port Trust (MbPT) is reworking the project to bring down cost.
MbPT chairman Rajeev Gupta said, “We are holding pre-bid meetings. We had a meeting in which we received inputs from prospective bidders. We have got feedback that initially, there was a lot of onus on the bidder.”
The plan is to lease out land at Frere Basin and Carke Basin at Mazgaon on a waterfront area of 45,000 sq m and a land area of 9,900 sq m for creating and operating a harbour for luxury boats, yachts and catamarans. The lease period would be 30 years, officials said.
The floating portion of the marina will have adequate berthing facilities and a main walkway to accommodate vessels. The developed area on-shore will have a reception, lounge, vehicular parking space, restrooms and wireless internet access besides dry storage, fuel tank, shore fueling, a boat launch facility and sheltered boat storage.
In October last year, MbPT had floated a tender to lease out land for a marina that would also be developed as a tourist destination.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Port Trust had earlier estimated the cost of development of facilities for the marina would be around Rs 50 crore for providing offshore and on-shore infrastructure and a tentative minimum upfront payment for the lease of the waterfront area at Rs 46.5 a sq m a month and for land Rs 93 per sq m a month. The MbPT had pegged the total project cost, including the minimum upfront fee, at nearly Rs 60 crore..