After four persons died and six were injured in separate incidents of partial building collapses in the city on Saturday, three persons were killed when a nine-ft wall of a demolished building came down in Ratan Tata Colony on Tardeo Road Saturday night.
Manish Kumar Singh (22), a security guard, who suffered injuries on the head and stomach and was admitted to Nair Hospital, succumbed to injuries on Sunday. His father Rohit Kumar Singh (46) and a relative Manoj Singh (36) died on the spot.
“The wall collapsed on the two who were fast asleep. I had gone to the adjacent building and rushed back hearing the loud noise. We immediately admitted them to Nair Hospital with the help of locals and some police officials,” said Raman Singh, another relative. The incident took place around 1.05 am when Manish was on duty at the site in the colony, opposite Nur Mehal building, on Tardeo Road. The family of five had been residing on the pavement adjacent to the wall for nearly a year now. A private developer is raising a building on the vacant plot.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“We had demolished the Ganesh Vete building, a dilapidated structure, around three years ago and cleared the debris. However, a portion of the nine-ft wall of the same building still remained there. The wall collapsed after heavy rain,” said Parag Masurkar, Assistant Commissioner of the D ward, which includes Tardeo.
With heavy rains lashing the city for 48 hours since Friday morning, 11 incidents of partial building slab and ceiling collapses were reported in the city on Saturday, in which four persons lost their lives and six suffered injuries. The incidents were reported from Andheri Kurla Road, Marol, Bhendi Bazaar, Masjid Bunder, Shivneri, Bhuleshwar and Kurar village, Malad.