After four persons died and six were injured in separate incidents of partial building collapses in the city on Saturday, three persons were killed when a nine-ft wall of a demolished building came down in Ratan Tata Colony on Tardeo Road Saturday night.
Manish Kumar Singh (22), a security guard, who suffered injuries on the head and stomach and was admitted to Nair Hospital, succumbed to injuries on Sunday. His father Rohit Kumar Singh (46) and a relative Manoj Singh (36) died on the spot.
“The wall collapsed on the two who were fast asleep. I had gone to the adjacent building and rushed back hearing the loud noise. We immediately admitted them to Nair Hospital with the help of locals and some police officials,” said Raman Singh, another relative. The incident took place around 1.05 am when Manish was on duty at the site in the colony, opposite Nur Mehal building, on Tardeo Road. The family of five had been residing on the pavement adjacent to the wall for nearly a year now. A private developer is raising a building on the vacant plot.
“We had demolished the Ganesh Vete building, a dilapidated structure, around three years ago and cleared the debris. However, a portion of the nine-ft wall of the same building still remained there. The wall collapsed after heavy rain,” said Parag Masurkar, Assistant Commissioner of the D ward, which includes Tardeo.
With heavy rains lashing the city for 48 hours since Friday morning, 11 incidents of partial building slab and ceiling collapses were reported in the city on Saturday, in which four persons lost their lives and six suffered injuries. The incidents were reported from Andheri Kurla Road, Marol, Bhendi Bazaar, Masjid Bunder, Shivneri, Bhuleshwar and Kurar village, Malad.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest