The Thane police on Friday arrested the estranged husband of a Shiv Sena corporator on the charges of allegedly planning an attack on her at her office on Thursday.
Sangita Patil, a corporator from Wagle Estate area, was assaulted by around ten masked persons with sticks and a sword. Sangeeta was holding a meeting with supporters when the incident took place.
- Thane Municipal Corporation: Commissioner, Mayor at loggerheads over names of five co-opted corporators
- BMC elections 2017: Polling peaceful in Thane, cops find Sena man wanted in 2015 molestation case
- TMC may reinstate officials booked in Mumbra collapse
- Raj helps Sena-BJP retain power in Thane Municipal Corporation
- Accused in Sena corporators murder shot dead; aide injured
- Uddhav upset over reports of assault on civic official by Sena men
Five including her were injured in the attack.The attackers also ransacked her office. An officer said that the Sena leader said she had filed a petition seeking a divorce from her husband, Manik Patil, and that he was behind the attack.
Police registered a case under various sections of Indian Penal Code including attempt to murder against eight persons, including Manik.