The Thane police on Friday arrested the estranged husband of a Shiv Sena corporator on the charges of allegedly planning an attack on her at her office on Thursday.
Sangita Patil, a corporator from Wagle Estate area, was assaulted by around ten masked persons with sticks and a sword. Sangeeta was holding a meeting with supporters when the incident took place.
- Extortion case against Iqbal Kaskar: Cops to record statements of NCP corporator, Sena leader
- ACB likely to probe two MNS corporators who defected to Shiv Sena
- Shiv Sena, BJP extorting from hawkers: Sanjay Nirupam
- 2009 attack an TV channel offices: Nikhil Wagle deposes in court, says wasn’t assaulted
- Bhandup bypoll: BJP beats Shiv Sena to wrest Congress seat
- Fearing ‘Sena attack’, KEM forensic head seeks police security
Five including her were injured in the attack.The attackers also ransacked her office. An officer said that the Sena leader said she had filed a petition seeking a divorce from her husband, Manik Patil, and that he was behind the attack.
Police registered a case under various sections of Indian Penal Code including attempt to murder against eight persons, including Manik.