The Thane police on Friday arrested the estranged husband of a Shiv Sena corporator on the charges of allegedly planning an attack on her at her office on Thursday.
Sangita Patil, a corporator from Wagle Estate area, was assaulted by around ten masked persons with sticks and a sword. Sangeeta was holding a meeting with supporters when the incident took place.
- Maharashtra: Shiv Sena, MNS, AAP support farmers’ long march
- Two held for theft of tempo carrying cigarette-making material
- Ex-Sena corporator killing: Cops widen dragnet; motive unclear
- Former Shiv Sena corporator Ashok Sawant killed in Mumbai
- TMC may reinstate officials booked in Mumbra collapse
- Uddhav upset over reports of assault on civic official by Sena men
Five including her were injured in the attack.The attackers also ransacked her office. An officer said that the Sena leader said she had filed a petition seeking a divorce from her husband, Manik Patil, and that he was behind the attack.
Police registered a case under various sections of Indian Penal Code including attempt to murder against eight persons, including Manik.