A sarpanch in Thane’s Bhiwandi taluka was allegedly beaten to death with iron rods by a group of about nine people, the police said on Sunday. Four people, including prime accused Vaibhav Jagannath Patil, have been arrested so far, the police added.
Police said the issue began on Friday, while the Khambala Group Grampanchayat was in progress. The prime accused, Vaibhav, allegedly barged into the proceedings and demanded that the sarpanch, Mangesh Shantaram Patil, explain to him why the issue of forest land encroachment was not being looked into. The sarpanch to lodge a complaint against him at the Padgha police station for misbehaving during a panchayat meeting, police added.
The next day, Vaibhav allegedly rounded up a group of eight villagers and confronted the sarpanch. He and the villagers allegedly attacked Patil with iron rods, leading to Patil’s death, a police officer said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai