A sessions court on Friday recorded statements of four accused of gangraping a telephone operator at Shakti Mills compound last year. The fifth accused in the case is a minor and the trial is going on under the Juvenile Justice Act.
The accused recorded their statements under Section 313 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) before Principal Sessions Judge Shalini Phansalkar Joshi.
Special Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said a total of 496 questions were asked to the accused.
Under Section 313,a judge questions the accused on the basis of evidence put before= the court during trial, and the accused is given an opportunity to explain the circumstances and the allegations levelled against him. In this case, all four accused facing trial have denied the charges. The trial in the case may be delayed as the defence told the court that they would want to call for witnesses to depose.
The prosecution had earlier called 32 witnesses to depose. The defence has been asked to submit the list of witnesses they want to call for examination on Monday. After the defence witnesses depose, final arguments will take place, following which the court will pronounce its judgment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
In the gangrape case of the photojournalist, the prosecution has so far examined nearly 40 witnesses and a few more are likely to be examined. The incident also took place at Shakti Mills compound last year, and is being heard by Principal Judge Joshi.
Three of the five accused in both the cases are the same, while an accused each, in both cases, are being tried under the Juvenile Justice Act as they are minors.