The former Tehelka journalist who has accused the magazine’s founder-editor Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her, told the Goa Police Wednesday that she is being targeted by a fresh smear campaign through an email doing the rounds.
Following this, a Goa Police team reached Mumbai and recorded her statement.
Sources said she sought all legal protection available to a rape victim in a situation where her identity is revealed.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
She has complained that the contents of the email have hurt her and it also shows how a photograph — which had been removed from a Tehelka-linked website — has been taken out of context and efforts made to reveal her identity.
The email, which contains some photographs of her with Tejpal, supposedly taken a day after the alleged sexual assault, insinuates that she is not seen behaving like a victim of sexual assault.
Police sources said the woman told them she had put up a brave face as she was still working after the alleged assault and that her role of chaperoning a guest at the Tehelka event has now been misused against her.
Sources said the email was circulated among a lot of people and reached the woman’s mother Wednesday morning. Goa Police took a copy of the mail and will try trace its source.