The former Tehelka journalist who has accused the magazine’s founder-editor Tarun Tejpal of sexually assaulting her, told the Goa Police Wednesday that she is being targeted by a fresh smear campaign through an email doing the rounds.
Following this, a Goa Police team reached Mumbai and recorded her statement.
Sources said she sought all legal protection available to a rape victim in a situation where her identity is revealed.
She has complained that the contents of the email have hurt her and it also shows how a photograph — which had been removed from a Tehelka-linked website — has been taken out of context and efforts made to reveal her identity.
The email, which contains some photographs of her with Tejpal, supposedly taken a day after the alleged sexual assault, insinuates that she is not seen behaving like a victim of sexual assault.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Police sources said the woman told them she had put up a brave face as she was still working after the alleged assault and that her role of chaperoning a guest at the Tehelka event has now been misused against her.
Sources said the email was circulated among a lot of people and reached the woman’s mother Wednesday morning. Goa Police took a copy of the mail and will try trace its source.