A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by four persons, including her brother and uncle, in Mangal Wadi slum area here, police said on Wednesday.
Three of the accused have been arrested in connection with the offence, they said. The girl was sexually assaulted after being beaten up at her house in the slum area in Old Gangapur Naka locality near Chopda lawns, between April 27 and May 8 when she was alone at home, police said.
The girl’s mother died about one year back and the accused took advantage of her being alone in the house when her father, a labourer, used to go for his work, they said. The three accused were arrested on Tuesday by Sarkarwada police after the girl’s father lodged a complaint against them.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Those arrested have been identified as Raju Daruppa Mala (22- girl’s uncle), Naresh Bhandari (22) and Prabhakar Harijan (22), (both friends of the girl’s brother), all residents of the same slum area where the girl lived.
A search has been launched to nab the girl’s brother, identified as Raju Hanumanta Mala (22), they said
Offences have been registered against all the four accused under sections 376(2) (gangrape), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation), 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of IPC and relevant sections of Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.