The Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport undertaking (BEST) is set to start a project to make the Dindoshi bus station accident-free. The bus station in Goregaon (East) is one of the most busy ones, and it will be remodelled to make the entry and exit points safer for the commute of buses and pedestrians. A recent survey by BEST had found the bus station accident-prone.
Watch What Else is Making News
Primary work will be carried out at the Dindoshi station with inputs from an international non-profit organisation, the roads department of the BMC, the education department, the traffic police and BEST.
To be executed over a five-year period, the first year will involve building a basic model of how the bus station could look with changes in the arrangement of stops and commuters’ entry inside the stops. The model, made by Embark agency and employed by philanthropic organisation Bloomberg Foundation, will be reviewed by BEST before implementation.
“The model involves making Dindoshi station safer for the commute of passengers and buses. We have identified the primary hub spots which could be accident prone and our model involves removing all such faults. The model has been submitted to the concerned department,” said a Bloomberg official spokesperson.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Dindoshi bus depot in Goregaon (E) ferries most passengers in Mumbai — around 1.47 lakh daily — according to BEST statistics bulletin released a few months ago. BEST had termed the station to be accident prone. Officials said the aim now was to make it a model depot for commuters.
“After conducting the survey, we have found that pedestrians and motorists were found to be injured in most number of accidents at Dindoshi bus depot. We have found that at least 22-25 die each year after being hit by buses. This is one of our steps to ensure zero accident for buses,” said BEST General Manager Jagdish Patil.
“The whole model will be aimed at removing the conflict points by reviewing each infrastructure at the depot carefully. While the drawing has been submitted to us, we will look at it studying its feasibility option and understand the elements of risk. The model will also try to understand the driver’s perspective while doing so,” said a BEST official.