Pintu Mishra, driver of actor Shah Rukh Khan, was on Thursday arrested in connection with a rape case. A 23-year-old woman lodged a complaint against Mishra on Wednesday, alleging that he took her to a lodge at Nalasopara and raped her. Mishra has been remanded in police custody till July 1.
As per the victim’s statement, Mishra had met the victim through a security guard at the building where she worked as domestic help.
The security guard had allegedly passed on to her Mishra’s promise of finding her a domestic help’s job at actor Shah Rukh Khan’s house.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
When the woman met Mishra, he is alleged to have promised her better pay. The woman agreed to the offer, said the officer.
Bandra police said on June 20, Mishra called the woman and took her on a drive on the pretext of introducing her to new people who might employ her for domestic work.
He is alleged to have taken her to a lodge at Nalasopara where she is alleged to have been raped by him. The victim told police he threatened her not to reveal the episode to anyone. He walked out of the lodge the morning thereafter dumping her in the room. The woman then went to a friend’s house in Kurla before going to the police.
“On Wednesday she approached us and registered a complaint of rape based on which we arrested Mishra,” said R Dhavle, senior inspector. Police said they would now collect the medical and other evidence from the lodge and also question the security guard.
Call phone data is also being verified to check the sequence given the victim. The officers are also looking if Mishra used the actor’s vehicle to ferry the victim around the city and to Nalasopara. Dhavle said Mishra had been Khan’s driver for the past seven years.