Pintu Mishra, driver of actor Shah Rukh Khan, was on Thursday arrested in connection with a rape case. A 23-year-old woman lodged a complaint against Mishra on Wednesday, alleging that he took her to a lodge at Nalasopara and raped her. Mishra has been remanded in police custody till July 1.
As per the victim’s statement, Mishra had met the victim through a security guard at the building where she worked as domestic help.
The security guard had allegedly passed on to her Mishra’s promise of finding her a domestic help’s job at actor Shah Rukh Khan’s house.
When the woman met Mishra, he is alleged to have promised her better pay. The woman agreed to the offer, said the officer.
Bandra police said on June 20, Mishra called the woman and took her on a drive on the pretext of introducing her to new people who might employ her for domestic work.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
He is alleged to have taken her to a lodge at Nalasopara where she is alleged to have been raped by him. The victim told police he threatened her not to reveal the episode to anyone. He walked out of the lodge the morning thereafter dumping her in the room. The woman then went to a friend’s house in Kurla before going to the police.
“On Wednesday she approached us and registered a complaint of rape based on which we arrested Mishra,” said R Dhavle, senior inspector. Police said they would now collect the medical and other evidence from the lodge and also question the security guard.
Call phone data is also being verified to check the sequence given the victim. The officers are also looking if Mishra used the actor’s vehicle to ferry the victim around the city and to Nalasopara. Dhavle said Mishra had been Khan’s driver for the past seven years.