Commuting time between South Mumbai and Ghatkopar will be reduced to 30 minutes now as the entire 16.4-km Eastern Freeway will become completely operational from Monday. Chief Minister, Prithviraj Chavan, will inaugurate the last leg of the 2.8-km Panjarpol-Ghatkopar link road as well as the 580-metre south-bound lanes of the Kherwadi junction flyover of the over Rs 1,400 crore freeway project on Monday, according to an official release.
“The completion of these two stretches means completion of the entire 16.4-km-long Eastern Freeway. It now provides unhindered connectivity from southern Mumbai to the eastern suburbs,” said the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA).
The Eastern Freeway is a controlled-access freeway that connects P D’Mello Road in south Mumbai to the Eastern Express Highway at Ghatkopar. “Commuters will now be able to reach Ghatkopar from Orange Gate in a mere 30 minutes. The motorists will avoid traffic congestion at Dadar, Sion, Chembur, Kurla and Mankhurd,” the release said.
The Freeway is divided into three phases — Orange Gate to Anik Junction (9.3-km), Anik Junction to Panjarpol Link Road (4.3-km) and Panjarpol to Ghatkopar-Mankhurd Link Road (2.8 km). MMRDA had already thrown open the first two parts of the Freeway, from Orange Gate to Anik and Anik to Panjarpol.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016