An FIR has been registered against Shiv Sena MLA Prakash Bala Sawant for allegedly threatening to “strip and thrash” a woman following an argument over a fight with regards to the redevelopment of a housing society in suburban Bandra, police said on Thursday.
“I will strip you in front of everyone and beat you up,” Sawant allegedly said to the woman, as per her FIR registered against the MLA at Kherwadi police on Monday night.
“Based on complaint of the woman, who is in her 50s, the FIR has been registered against Sawant under sections 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of trust), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 509 (act intended to insult modesty of a woman) of the IPC,” said Ashok Kadam, senior Inspector at the police station.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The woman and Sawant, who is the MLA from Bandra (East), have been sparring over the redevelopment of Gandhi Nagar Housing Society they reside in.
Police said there are a total of 36 Housing Board buildings in Gandhi Nagar Society and the redevelopment process has been on for several years and has led to the formation of several groups.
Both of them are committee members and are at disagreement about which builder should be selected for the redevelopment.
On Monday, the victim was walking towards her home when Sawant abused her and allegedly warned that he would strip her in front of everyone and thrash her, police said.
“We are looking for witnesses. After recording the statements of witnesses, we will decide next course of action,” Kadam said.
Sawant was not immediately available for comments in this regard.