- Congress in a Catch-22 over Konkan projects
- Shiv Sena makes break with BJP official, says it will contest 2019 polls alone
- Jaitapur nuclear power project: No question of rethink, Centre to Maharashtra
- Centre to state: No going back on Jaitapur project
- Rahul should lead Jaitapur agitation,we will join: Shiv Sena
- Wont allow Jaitapur N-plant: Shiv Sena
The Shiv Sena delegates said the nuclear power plant posed a danger to lives and the region which lies in seismic zone 3.
Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has been leading the agitation against the nuclear plant for several years. Sena youth wing leader Aaditya also joined the campaign opposing the Jaitapur plant.
In his tweet, he said, “All the developing countries like Germany, Japan and Switzerland are opposed to nuclear power plants. Why is it being accepted in India?”