A day after the National Commission for Women (NCW) asked the police to submit a report on a harassment complaint against Shiv Sena MLA Vinod Ghosalkar by a woman corporator of the party, the State Women Commission (SWC) took up the case Friday and the Dahisar police booked the MLA for insulting the modesty of a woman.
“We have sent Ghosalkar a showcause notice and an ultimatum regarding the case. When we had first asked Mhatre about it, we were told that it is an internal issue. But following media reports, we have now taken a suo moto action against the MLA,” said Chitra Wagh, member of State Women Commission. Ghosalkar was charged under sections 509, 501 and 506 of the IPC, said Sunil Deshmukh, ACP, Dahisar division.
Dahisar corporator Sheetal Mhatre levelled allegations of harassment against party Ghosalkar and his son Abhishek, who is also a Shiv Sena corporator. She claimed that the duo were threatening her as she had complained against a builder who had dumped debris in mangroves in Dahisar.
Mhatre had already taken up the matter with party chief Uddhav Thackeray and senior party leaders. He told Mhatre, who had planned to resign after the incident, not to take a hasty decision. Responding to the NCW’s initiative to take up the issue, Thackeray said Thursday, “I have directed senior party leaders to look into the matter.”
Two weeks ago, Mhatre allegedly got an obscene call from an unknown number. Mhatre has allegedly been the target of such obscene calls ever since her cellphone number was scribbled on the walls of a roadside public toilet and at Dahisar railway station. Following this, Mhatre filed a complaint with the Dahisar police.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016