Psychotropic drugs worth over Rs 1 crore that were seized by the Kandivli police Monday could have been imported from outside India and brought to Mumbai to cater to New Year parties in the city, the police believe. According to the police, it is likely that the seized drugs, including ‘LSD’ dots worth over Rs 60 lakh and ‘Ecstacy’ tablets worth over Rs 40 lakh, were brought in from Europe. Accused Kishore Nandan (47), arrested in connection with the crime, is an Indian-origin Dutch national.
“The accused is believed to have received the drugs in Mumbai from a person named Kumar about four months ago. We are yet to identify Kumar and are investigating further,” said Pradeep Kerkar, assistant police inspector at Kandivli police station. It was Kerkar who had received the tip-off about the drugs.
“We believe Kumar, like the accused, is an Indian-origin foreign national,” the officer added.
According to the police, the seized substances were mostly used as a “couple drug” and could have been brought in the city to be used around December 31, around the time of New Year celebrations. The police believe the substances were meant to be sold to a single distributor.
Police also searched the Ghodbunder Road residence of the accused in Thane after his arrest but did not find anything. Apart from the drugs found in possession of the accused, the police also seized a Scorpio SUV, allegedly registered in his name. Nandan was arrested in connection with a narcotics case in 2011 too. He has been remanded in police custody till November 17.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest