The second alleged victim of the Dadar-based high school molestation case has denied being targeted by accused L Reddy and Dattakumar Patil. The duo were arrested last week for allegedly making a 13-year-old student indulge in obscene acts and for showing her indecent photographs.
Reddy and Patil, the principal-Director and a staff teacher with the school respectively, were arrested on July 2 by the Dadar police for allegedly molesting the victim.
The victim subsequently named another girl – a 19-year-old student studying in the same school – as a fellow victim, and told the police that she, too, had been similarly targeted by the duo.
“We made inquiries with this second girl to confirm what the first victim had told us. However, she told us that she had not faced any exploitation at the hands of the accused,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone V) Dhananjay Kulkarni.
The police have now taken into their custody the footage of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras covering the entrance to Reddy’s office, where the exploitation is alleged to have occurred. The footage spans over the last few months in order to check whether the second victim is seen entering Reddy’s office, as it would help verify the facts of the case, the police said.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
“We have a lot of footage which we are examining, and the process will take some time,” Kulkarni said.
The police have also recorded statement from two other students who knew about the exploitation that the first victim faced, and both of them have given corroborative statements, said sources.
The police will soon begin recording statements from staff members at the school.
Meanwhile, Reddy and Patil were produced in court once again on Monday and have been remanded to police custody for two more days, said officers.