Friday, Dec 19, 2014

Second ‘victim’ denies being targeted by two accused

By: Express News Service | Mumbai | Posted: July 9, 2014 12:52 am

The second alleged victim of the Dadar-based high school molestation case has denied being targeted by accused L Reddy and Dattakumar Patil. The duo were arrested last week for allegedly making a 13-year-old student indulge in obscene acts and for showing her indecent photographs.

Reddy and Patil, the principal-Director and a staff teacher with the school respectively, were arrested on July 2 by the Dadar police for allegedly molesting the victim.

The victim subsequently named another girl – a 19-year-old student studying in the same school – as a fellow victim, and told the police that she, too, had been similarly targeted by the duo.

“We made inquiries with this second girl to confirm what the first victim had told us. However, she told us that she had not faced any exploitation at the hands of the accused,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone V) Dhananjay Kulkarni.

The police have now taken into their custody the footage of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras covering the entrance to Reddy’s office, where the exploitation is alleged to have occurred. The footage spans over the last few months in order to check whether the second victim is seen entering Reddy’s office, as it would help verify the facts of the case, the police said.

“We have a lot of footage which we are examining, and the process will take some time,” Kulkarni said.
The police have also recorded statement from two other students who knew about the exploitation that the first victim faced, and both of them have given corroborative statements, said sources.

The police will soon begin recording statements from staff members at the school.

Meanwhile, Reddy and Patil were produced in court once again on Monday and have been remanded to police custody for two more days, said officers.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular