In a case where the mother of a Std V student of Holy Angels High School, Mulund, had complained that the child was scared to attend school as he was threatened and punished by the class teacher, the latter said he was punished but the ‘intention was positive’.
While the Maharashtra State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (MSCPCR) observed that it comes under corporal punishment and is criminal, the mother agreed to settle the case with a written apology.
“I am worried regarding my ward’s performance in your school. Due to threats given by the class teacher to my son, he is scared to attend your school regularly… Out of 20 days of absenteeism, in over 13 days, my child and me returned from the school’s gate as my son refused (to go in) and said he is scared of punishment by the class teacher… This is to request you to stop further abuse of my child from the class teacher and take appropriate action,” the mother wrote to the school principal. The letter was also submitted to MSCPCR and the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR). The NCPCR had forwarded the case to the state commission.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The class teacher taunted and harassed my son in front of others. He was made to sit on the floor. During a reading session, when my son got stuck on difficult words, she didn’t help him with pronunciation. She would also tell my son to go home even if he was five minutes late,” said the mother.
The class teacher said the punishment was for a lesser time period and the intention was positive. MSCPCR observed, “…whether it was for three days or three minutes, it amounted to victimisation and corporal punishment, and wasn’t permitted”.
“I have received a written apology from the class teacher. The school administration has given a separate apology letter,” said the mother.