Filmmaker Satish Kaushik’s domestic help has been arrested for allegedly stealing Rs 1.19 crore from the producer’s Versova residence.
The police arrested Sajan Kumar on Tuesday night. The filmmaker too confirmed the news through his tweet and thanked the Mumbai police for their investigations. The officers said they nabbed Kumar within 48 hours of the robbery.
The filmmaker had kept the money at his apartment at Raj Classic building for official purposes and was about to deposit it in the bank. Kumar, who is a native of Jharkhand, had recently started working at Kaushik’s residence. The officers said the details of Kumar had not been registered with the police.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“A case of theft has been registered and the accused has been arrested. We produced Kumar in court on Wednesday where he was remanded to police custody,” said PI S Vele from the Versova police station. The investigating officers further said that Kumar had hid the money at a friend’s house and had been staying there till the police had stopped trailing him. The officers added that they used Kumar’s mobile number to trace him to Vashi. The police are now probing if Kumar had any accomplices.