Keeping up the tempo in the investigations in the multi-crore Saradha financial scam, the CBI conducted more raids at offices and premises connected with people involved with the now-bust company in Kolkata Tuesday. The raids were continuing till the last reports came in.
On Monday too, the CBI sleuths had conducted raids at two locations in the city and seized 20 computers and 18 hard disks. In last few days, the the central agency has intensified the raids in an indicator towards a possible crackdown on several influential people allegedly involved in the scam.
In last two weeks, CBI sleuths raided at least a dozen locations in the city while some locations were searched more than once. The search operations were conducted at several locations including the offices of Saradha Group in Salt Lake and Diamond Harbour Road, and at the residences of Saradha CMD Sudipta Sen, executive director Debjani Mukherjee, TMC MP Kunal Ghosh and other directors of the company.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
CBI has been handed over 76 cases that were being probed by the SIT of West Bengal Police. The CBI is now clubbing the cases of similar nature and has already lodged four FIRs in Bengal. It has also started preparing a list of other major operators that were collecting money from people by violating SEBI norms.
Meanwhile, six arrested persons including Sudipta Sen, Kunal Ghosh, Debjani Mukherjee and Saradha Group director Somnath Dutta were produced before a local court Tuesday. The court rejected their bail petitions sent them to judicial custody till August 26.