THE MUMBAI Police Wednesday registered a complaint against Gurmeet Singh alias Shera — Salman Khan’s bodyguard — along with three others on the charges of allegedly assaulting a 23-year-old Vile Parle resident.
Watch What Else is Making News
The incident took place in Andheri West. The complainant, who is known to Shera, approached the D N Nagar police station, where an FIR was registered against the four. The police were in the process of recording the statements of the four till late Wednesday evening.
According to an officer, Shera, along with three of his friends, was standing near a petrol pump in Indian Oil Nagar at Andheri West around 1.45 am. An Audi with three occupants, including Athar Gulam Ansari (23), — the complainant — was passing on the Link Road when one of the occupants spotted Shera.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Ansari, a mobile phone dealer, alighted from the four-wheeler. “When the complainant got off the car, he was talking to someone called Ajay over the phone. He then handed over the phone to Shera. Shera had a verbal argument with Ajay,” an officer said, adding that there was no clarity on what the argument was about.
Shera cut the call, after which he and the complainant had a physical fight , the officer said.
As per Ansari, Shera hit him with a baton and and the butt of a pistol. “Seeing the drama unfold, two friends of the complainant also alighted from the Audi and the fight escalated. The complainant sustained a fracture to his collar bone,” the officer said. Shera and his friends then left the spot, and the complainant, after getting treatment at a nearby hospital, came to the D N Nagar police station around 5 am.
Senior Inspector of D N Nagar police station Dhanaji Nalawade said, “An FIR has been registered against the four persons on charges of voluntarily causing hurt, criminal intimidation and intentional insult to provoke breach of trust, and user relevant sections of the Arms Act.”
Soon after the FIR was registered, the police started looking for the accused persons.
Joint Commissioner of Police (law and order) Deven Bharti said on Wednesday evening, “Currently, the statements of the accused are being recorded. The future course of action will depend upon what is revealed in our interrogation.”
Deputy Commissioner of Police (zone 9) Satyanarayan Chowdhury said, “We are still verifying the reason behind the altercation. In addition, we are checking if the accused had a licence for the firearm they were carrying.” An officer said they were verifying the statement by the complainant and checking if there were CCTV cameras in the area that captured the incident.