The Thane police will send teams to Lucknow and Delhi to conduct inquiries into whether Abu Salem got married on board a train while being taken to Lucknow in police custody. Some aspects that have come to light during inquiries with the police team escorting Salem need to be verified, investigating officers said.
Salem was being taken to Lucknow by a team of six policemen with the Thane Police’s Local Arms division when he reportedly had a nikaah with a woman from Mumbra in the presence of a Kazi. The woman is believed to have boarded the train at Kalyan, while the Kazi boarded the train after it crossed Maharashtra.
Thane Police Commissioner K P Raghuvanshi subsequently ordered an inquiry into the matter, which is being conducted by Additional Commissioner of Police (Administration) Dnyaneshwar Phadtare, Thane.
Phadtare said the six policemen who were escorting Salem to Lucknow and back had been questioned, but added it was too early to reveal details at this point.
“We will soon send teams to Lucknow and Delhi in order to verify some aspects of the case. They will be speaking to members of the local police in these cities, who have assisted our personnel more than once in escorting Salem to and from the courts for his hearings. The woman he is supposed to have married is reported to have been seen at several of his court hearings,” said a senior officer with the Thane police, adding that Salem would also be questioned in connection with the case.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
On Wednesday, the the special Terrorist and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act granted the police permission to question the gangster, who is currently lodged in the Taloja central jail in Navi Mumbai.
Meanwhile, the Mumbai police’s Crime Branch might also ask for information about the case once the Thane Police’s probe is complete. “While his marriage per se is of no concern to us, the fact that someone might have been able to meet him while he was in lawful custody is a concern. This is not the first time such a thing has happened. We might request the Thane police for a copy of their investigation report once their probe is complete,” said a Crime Branch officer.