A total of 1,618 students have been allotted 2,192 seats in the second round of lottery under the Right To Education (RTE) Act, as against the more than 4,000 found eligible.
The allotment ratio was skewed because the demand for some schools was higher than the others, while some did not received any application, said an education official from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
In the second round, 1,211 students were allotted seats in state board schools and 407 students in other schools.
Parents were intimated of the results through text messages.
- Three years after order to shut down: Schools with less than 20 students continue to run
- RTE admissions: Third round on August 24
- Mumbai: 25 per cent admissions under RTE confirmed, many seats may remain vacant
- Mumbai RTE draw: Only 72 admissions after 2nd round
- One in two RTE allotments rejected by parents in Pune
- RTE quota admissions: 2nd round of lottery on June 16
After the first round, of the 3,411 students allotted seats, 2,041 students turned up for admissions.
“A total of 243 students were rejected by schools in the first round,” said Nisar Khan, beat officer.
The students had been rejected for producing invalid documents.
According to Prakash Charhate, deputy education officer, BMC, students rejected on grounds of invalid documents would not be able to participate in the admission process anymore this year.
“They will have to seek admission through the regular category,” said Charhate.