The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has taken control of the preparations for Narendra Modi’s western UP rally to be held in Meerut on February 2. Not only for the BJP, the rally has become a matter of prestige also for the RSS given that western UP is known as a Sangh Parivar stronghold.
The rally is scheduled at Shatabdi Nagar ground where the RSS holds its shakhas and other programmes. The rally ground is opposite RSS institute ‘Madhav Kunj’, which is known as the power centre of both RSS and BJP in the region. Sources said three meetings over rally preparations have already been held so far at Madhav Kunj.
Sources also said there are more than 1,000 such educational institutions of the RSS in western UP running under Vidya Bharti— a wing of RSS. The teachers and other staff of these institutions are also reportedly engaged in making appeal to the public to attend the rally. Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad, the RSS student wing, is also engaged in mobilising youths for the rally, the sources added.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
However, western UP’s organisation secretary of Vidya Bharti, Khayali Ram claimed, “We are not directly involved in the rally preparations. But there is no restriction on any person helping in the rally because both BJP and Vidya Bharti are wings of RSS.”
RSS recently engaged ABVP’s national co-organisation secretary Sunil Bansal to assist BJP’s state in-charge Amit Shah in poll preparations. Bansal will be reaching Meerut on January 29 to guide the BJP in rally preparations.
BJP state spokesperson Chandra Mohan said the RSS has provided necessary guidance to the BJP time to time.
The BJP currently has one Lok Sabha member from western UP that has 14 Lok Sabha seats. The party hopes to better its tally this time due to polarisation of Hindu votes after the Muzaffarnagar riots.