The Thane Police Crime Branch Wednesday arrested four more persons on connection with the robbery at a private cash management firm at Thane. Nearly 17 accused had fled with Rs 9.16 crore from the Thane company last week.
Two of the arrested accused, identified as Kiran Salunke and Haribhau Wagh, and were involved in the robbery, wanted to surrender to the police realising that their accomplices had been arrested too.
The duo approached the Nashik police, and while surrendering, said that they had been attacked by one Varun Shinge, who robbed them off the Rs 1.5 crore that they were carrying. The Nashik police got suspicious and informed the Thane police.
- Four held for duping people of Rs 150 crore from Badlapur
- Dawood Ibrahim’s brother Iqbal Kaskar remanded in police custody in extortion case
- Call records data leak: One more arrest in Thane
- Two held for ‘duping’ 50 people by ‘claiming to be govt officials’
- Flesh trade racket busted: Woman held, two girls rescued
- Robbers use social media to lure man into trap; three arrested
On interrogation by the Thane police, the duo admitted that they had hidden the money and had surrendered thinking they could collect the money later.
Apart from Wagh and Salunke, two other accused were also arrested from Navi Mumbai.
With this, the total number of arrests in the case stand at 13 presently. Thane police had cracked the armed dacoity by nabbing six persons on July 1.